Full-Time General Manager
Depends on Experience
Job Title: General Manager
Location: Rocklin, CA
Reports to: President and CEO
Comp Package: Salary plus Bonus and Benefits
MarkSYS is a fully integrated, technology driven, marketing & communication company located in Rocklin, CA. Our products and services include direct mail, email marketing, prospect data solutions, call center support, SMS text, ringless voicemail, call tracking, and much more. We continue to develop our technology and services by following trends and listening to our clients’ needs and expectations. We’ve been on Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies list four years in a row and was the winner of the USPS Mailing Innovations and Digital Award 2018.
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to be part of our exciting growth. In this position, you will be managing our overall financial performance and efficient and effective operations of our direct mail manufacturing facility. You will work together with the CEO in creating and implementing strategies for aggressive profitable growth of the company. You will be responsible for implementing workplace policies and procedures that foster an inclusive team environment and help the CEO build a high performing culture that makes the company stand out.
To be successful in this critical leadership role, you must embrace the exciting challenges that come with prompting and managing growth. You will prepare the organization to thrive in existing markets and adapt to new markets, evaluate and optimize operations and financial performance, and maintain a standard of excellence throughout all facets of the production process. You will develop and lead functional teams, fulfill orders in a timely manner, ensure proper inventory and materials, optimize operations using data, and maintain production and facility equipment.
Team Management & Leadership:
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws, including hiring and training employees, assigning, and directing work, addressing issues and resolving problems, inspiring employees to do their best work and recognizing them for doing so.
• Supervise, communicate, and delegate responsibilities, duties, tasks, and plans to Team Leaders to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost
• Manage, coach, train and counsel department employees; perform performance evaluations and provide on-going feedback
• Recruit and training employees as needed; including building a deep bench so that you can call staff as needed
• Administers the company’s wage and salary administration program
• You must have a continuous improvement mindset and are able to analyze (crunch numbers) and make a business case for investment in appropriate workflow and machines/equipment to improve efficiency and productivity
• Participate in Management meetings and collaborate with other managers to execute the company’s strategic objectives
• You can take on Strategic Projects and execute them with a project management framework
• You must be an Integrator that takes ownership and can operate across departments including seeing the big picture, anticipating and resolving issues and conflicts and getting things done
• Overall profit and loss responsibility
• Monitor financial health of company; review and analyze performance reports
• Prepare and maintain budgets and optimize revenue and expenses
• Partner with sales management to retain clients and increase sales
• Meets and entertains customers and prospective customers as necessary
• Establish, implement and measure operating metrics that are clearly communicated to all staff
• Schedule shifts so that employees know ahead of time what their time commitment expectations
• Forecast labor demand and schedule staff accordingly
• Manage the work flow to ensure the daily activities/demand related to the assigned department are met as expected
• Be responsible for accurate employee records including daily time clock monitoring, discipline notification and attendance reports
• Be able to work a flexible schedule which may mean extended hours as the work load demands including Saturdays at times
• Conduct daily shift start-up meetings discussing the previous day’s performance, reviewing the expected workload for the day.
• Ensure a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees; addressing potential safety hazards; maintaining a clean work area; monitoring condition of all equipment and ordering repairs
• You need to be extremely comfortable with using software of different kind including but not limited to USPS Wizards, QuickBooks, Production Automation Software, MS Excel and PPT, etc.
• Manage inventory – ordering, warehousing, just-in-time, and supply chain risks
• Manage vendor relationships
• Handle customer complaints and follows through for customer satisfaction.
Equipment & Facility Management:
• Maintenance, Vendor Management, Growth & Investment Plan/ROI Cases
• Maintain facility equipment and cleanliness, both interior and exterior
• Ensure a program of preventive maintenance and equipment repair in accordance with production needs, plant regulations and objectives.
Process and Reporting:
• Utilize IT systems for reporting to CEO on operating and financial performance and manufacturing performance: production rates, exceptions, inventory, etc.
• Make recommendations for process improvement and implements approved recommendations.
• Occasionally assist in Production Operator duties as necessary to ensure that all tasks in the department are completed
• Attend internal meetings for sharing priorities, updates, best practices, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: the requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
• Eager and able to take ownership and responsibility for the overall financial performance of the company and execution of all production and facility tasks, leading with and through others to ensure consistently excellent work
• Excellent interpersonal skills: teamwork/collaboration, verbal and written communication, conflict resolution, employee recognition/feedback
• Time management: the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks, demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency
• Detail orientation and comfort with production analytics/reporting; you must be analytically driven and believe in using data to make decisions
• Flexible and willing to personally contribute in whatever manner is required for the company to meet production requirements and delight customers
• Ability to quickly become familiar with all product lines
• Problem solving and strategic thinking skills
• You must be able to operate and deliver under pressure in a dynamic operating environment
• Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of subordinates
• Tech-savvy and computer literacy and ability to use productivity and automation software is a must
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Must have had P&L responsibilities in a previous role
• 10+ years relevant experience required, including experience in Manufacturing and in leadership role(s)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended hours, weekends and holidays with little notice
• Bachelor’s degree required
Job Type: Full-time
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Vision insurance
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• 10 hour shift
• Day shift
COVID-19 considerations: Employees are required to follow all applicable COVID-19 regulations.
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location