Full-Time Quality Assurance Specialist
40,000 - 60,000 / Year
A Quality Assurance Specialist oversees the Quality and Food Safety of products at different phases in their development to ensure they meet their specifications and comply with the law. Duties include performing investigations, quality issues, and planning processes to decrease the instance of defects in products. The Quality Assurance Specialist makes sure procedures are being followed on the production floor. The Quality Assurance Specialist also works with the QA and QC to make sure routine checks are performed/documented, and deviations addressed/documented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Have a thorough understanding of cGMPs, HACCP, GFSI, FDA and other food safety auditing schemes and regulations.
• Develop new standards for production, with improvements related to Quality/Food Safety as needed and creating testing protocols for implementation across all production lines.
• Work with department managers in identifying improvements and take action to ensure company-wide compliance.
• Apply and enforce, as well as educate others on, QA procedures throughout the facility that will result in consistent quality products that fulfill customer needs.
• Maintain complaint and nonconformance processing through records and tracking systems, including root cause and corrective actions.
• Investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
• Oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product as required by customers to confirm conformance to specification and quality deliverables.
• Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations.
• Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues.
• Provide training and support to the QC team on core processes.
• Conduct/participate in internal audits.
• Review production records to ensure food safety and quality.
• Assist in maintaining Organic (QAI)/Kosher (Orthodox Union) and Gluten Free (GFCO) programs especially in their application on the production floor.
• Assist QA in preparing for both customer’s and 3rd party audits.
• Assist QA in the Documentation Control program ensuring Policies, Vendor COA, Letter of Guarantee, Letter of Compliance, and all other regulatory documents are updated.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in the related sciences (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Statistics, etc.) or equivalent QA experience preferred.
• Good written and communication skills with the ability to manage & multitask with attention to detail.
• HACCP and PCQI certified or willingness to do so within 1st year.
• Ability to foster a corporate culture of responsiveness and awareness, self-regulation, challenge of status quo and continuous improvement to achieve the highest level of compliance.
• Proficient with Microsoft office. Ability to create, use and analyze tables, charts and graphs.
• Spanish communication skills are an asset.